BCFC annual membership is a 12-month rolling activity. Members benefit from opportunities for access to decision makers, advocacy on key legislation and regulations, information on the competition issue, and an ability to work with peers and allies towards common goals under the BCFC umbrella.
Dues-paying members of BCFC receive benefits that will include:
- “Competition Watch”, a bimonthly e-newsletter connecting Congressional offices and private sector advocates to the latest news, events, regulations, and legislation impacting unfair government competition with the private sector;
- Regular email updates on topics from insourcing to unfair government competition from government agencies, from unfair competition from prisons to universities to non-profits, from draft agency proposals to government reports, and from public forums to Congressional hearings. BCFC assists members in understanding the key players, topics, and strategies surrounding government sponsored reliance, utilization or duplication and competition with the private sector;
- Invitations to participate in member-only policy roundtables with current members of Congress;
- Participation in Congressional caucus briefings and meetings;
- Attend roundtable discussions with candidates for the U.S. House and Senate; and
- Engagement in social and traditional media campaigns to bring public attention to the unfair government-sponsored competition issue.
- Membership in BCFC provides access to these and future events, direct advocacy with lawmakers, and other reportable action.